Samsung HS40 Dimensions and Weight:
• Height: 1,354 ~ 1,620 mm (with monitor)
• Width: 520 mm
• Depth: 730 mm
• Weight with monitor: 54 kg ( 119lb.)
Samsung HS40 Specifications:
• Digital beamformer
• Displayed imaging depth: 0 – 38 cm (probe dependent)
• Minimum depth of field: 0 – 2 cm (probe dependent)
• Maximum depth of field: 0 – 38 cm (probe dependent)
• Continuous dynamic receive focus/continuous dynamic receive aperture
• Adjustable dynamic range from 30 to 256 dB
Samsung HS40 Electrical power:
• Voltage: 100 – 240 VAC
• Frequency: 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption
– 800 VA with Peripherals
Samsung HS40 Review:
The Samsung HS40 is positioned as an economy grade ultrasound system similar to the GE Logiq F8 and the GE Voluson P6, and is meant to take the place of the SonoAce R7. Its General Imaging and 3D/4D options for Obstetrics and Gynecology are better than those of the GE Logiq F8 and the GE Voluson P6.
Samsung systems are known for being great ergonomic systems that integrate “easy-to-use” automated features, as one would expect from the #1 commercial electronics giant. The new architecture supporting the HS40 has greatly evolved compared to the previous solution, the SonoAce R7, not only in regards to the hardware platform, but also in regards to the imaging technologies which now include S-Harmonic, ClearVision, and MultiVision.
Touch customization combined with Samsung’s user interface options greatly increase work efficiency and reduce the unnecessary workload from repeated operations and actions. These interface options, also found on the Samsung HS60 and H50, include Quick Preset, EZ-Exam+, EZ Compare, Measure Navigation, and Quick Scan.
The Samsung HS series are rich in features for both General Imaging and OB/GYN applications. Although the HS50 and HS40 are positioned differently, they have a similar software package. Still, the Samsung HS50 does have better overall image performance and feature functionality due to its stronger platform.
Strain+ on the Samsung HS40 is a key differentiating feature in the economy category that makes the cardiac exam process easier. Even inexperienced operators will be able to comfortably complete core cardiac measurements in a timely manner.
The Samsung HS40 is one option that can provide some of the most advanced 4D options on the market featuring Realistic Vue, automatic NT measurement, and automatic follicle measurement. It is also one of the few options in the economy category to support both Needle Mate+ and Strain+.
If medical professionals need a system for OB/GYN with premium 3D/4D features in particular, or for dedicated General Imaging on MSK and anesthesia around $20,000, then the Samsung HS40 is the best option in the economy category of ultrasound systems.
Samsung HS40 Features:
• 21.5″ LCD monitor
• 10.1″ LCD Touch Screen
• Hybrid Full Digital Beam-forming
• 3 or 4 Active Probe Ports (Optional)
• Height adjustable control panel
• Height/Tilt/Rotate adjustable monitor
• Virtual Alpha Numeric Keyboard
• On-board storage for peripherals
• 5 probe holders
• 4 Swivel/Lock wheels
• Front handles
• Built-in Printer storage
• Integrated high-fidelity stereo speakers
• Integrated HDD 512GB
• Integrated DVD Multi Recordable Driver
• S-Harmonic Mode
• Trapezoidal Imaging
• Quick Scan™ (Automatic Optimization)
• Raw Data Analysis
• Post-image optimization
• Patient Information Database
• System internal dynamic range: 256
• User programmable key: 4 kyes
• Support for external USB 2.0 HDD drive
• Auto Calc (Real-Time Automatic Doppler Calculation)
• Doppler Auto Trace
• User Configurable Measurement Menu
• Customizable Measurement Menu
• Customizable Body Maker
• On-board electronic documentation
Samsung HS40 Peripheral Options:
• Digital BW Video Printer: Sony UP-D897, Sony UP-D898MD, Sony UP-X898MD, Mitsubishi P95DE, Mitsubishi P95DW
• Digital Color Video Printer: Sony UP-D25MD, Mitsubishi CP30DW
• USB Line Printer: Samsung CLP-620NDK, ML-2950
• USB Footswitch
• USB Digital ECG Kits (AHA/IEC)
• USB HDD
• USB Flash Memory Media
• USB Printer
• DVD Rrcorder
Samsung HS40 Supplies:
• Aquasonic ultrasound gel
• Sono ultrasound wipes
• Console Protective Cover
• Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
• Sony UPC-21L color thermal printing pack
• Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper (new)
• Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
• External USB printer connection
Samsung HS40 ports:
• Audio out L/R
• D-SUB output
• S-Video output
• HDMI output
• USB 2.0 (6 ports)
• Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T
• Foot Switch: USB 2.0 (IPX 8)
• DVD Recorder: Sony DVO-1000MD
– S-video, NTSC/PAL
– Recording only
Samsung HS40 image storage and docudmentation:
• SonoView II (Image Filing Package)
• Export Media: CD/DVD+R/-R/RW, USB Flash, External USB HDD
• Export Format: JPEG,BMP,TIFF,DICOM
• Maximum 45,000 Frames for Cine memory for 60 sec
• Maximum 14,000 Lines for Loop memory
• Number of Image Storage (built-in SSD): max. 350,000 images (RAW format)
• Print Function
• Patient list and data search
• Report save available
• Post image processing available
• Caliper measurement available
• DICOM 3.0
• DICOM Media
• DICOM Performed Procedure Step (PPS)
• DICOM Print
• DICOM Storage
• DICOM Storage Commitment (SC)
• DICOM Structured Reporting (SR)
• DICOM Verification
• DICOM Worklist
• Gray Scale Converting
• Multi Frame
• Single Frame
• 3D Volume Frame
• Transfer Mode
– Send after acquisition
– Send on end exam
– Send manually
Samsung HS40 Applications:
• Small Parts
Samsung HS40 FAQs:
The noise reduction filter improves edge enhancement and creates sharper 2D images in order to deliver an optimal diagnostic performance. The integration of a technologically advanced Samsung product brings about a notable improvement in the quality of images. In addition, ClearVision provides application – specified optimization and advanced temporal resolution in live scan mode.
The ordinary harmonic technology is able to provide greater image clarity from near to midfield, while also reducing signal noise. Combined with S-Vue transducers and S-Vision imaging engine, the S-Harmonic overcomes the technology limitation of the ordinary Harmonic technology, and improves the quality of the image from near to far field.
This is a diagnostic ultrasound technique that is able to display elasticity by converting the stiffness into color images, while detecting the presence of solid masses in tissues.
Auto IMT+ is a screening tool that is able to analyze a patient’s potential risk of cardiovascular disease. It allows easy measurements for intima-media thickness of both the anterior and posterior wall of the common carotid by one click. This simple procedure enhances exam productivity and adds diagnostic value.
With one touch, the Quick Preset shows the four most commonly used transducers with each combined preset. The Quick Preset provides maximum efficiency by changing the transducer and preset, and by reducing unnecessary repeated keystrokes.
The EZ-Compare™ allows corresponding views in a side-by-side display for patients who have previously taken exams. Moreover, EZ-Compare™ automatically matches the image settings, annotations, and body markers from the prior study.
The EZ-ExamTM enables users to build or to use predefined protocols. It transforms the ultrasound investigation into a streamlined process. EZ-Exam+™ ensures that the full investigation is performed and eliminates the risk of forgetting an image or loop capture.
The Measure Navigation is a function that zooms in on the starting point of the caliper cursor in order to increase accuracy of measurements by providing a zoomed in target area image.
The 5D Follicle™ is an automated 3D measurement function that identifies and measures multiple ovarian follicles for rapid assessment of follicular size in 3D and status. The 5D follicle is a great assisting tool that is able to increase the efficiency and success ratio of the in-vitro fertility procedure.
The 5D NT™ is an automated 3D measurement function that allows the user to obtain the true mid-sagittal plane automatically. This can happen by rotating and auto-zooming the 3D volume image in order for the operator ton obtain the accurate NT measurement. 5D NT™ can lower the operator dependency and increase reproducibility.
The Realistic Vue™ is the same feature as the GE HDlive, which provides the user with a movable light source and with calculations of the propagation of light through the skin and tissue. The user can freely position the light at any angle, relative to the ultrasound volume images that illuminate areas of interest. The Realistic Vue™ helps increase depth perception, reveal hidden details, and provide a deeper understanding of relational anatomy.
Strain+ is a quantitative tool for the global and segmental wall motion of the left ventricle (LV). In Strain+, three standard LV views and a Bull’s Eye are displayed in a Quad screen for an easy and quick assessment of the LV-function.