Samsung HS50 Dimensions and Weight:
• Height: 1,335 ~ 1,710 mm
• Width: 530 mm
• Depth: 750 mm
• Weight with monitor: 79.84 kg ( 176lb.)
Samsung HS50 Specifications:
• Digital beamformer
• Displayed imaging depth: 0 – 38 cm (probe dependent)
• Minimum depth of field: 0 – 2 cm (probe dependent)
• Maximum depth of field: 0 – 38 cm (probe dependent)
• Continuous dynamic receive focus/continuous dynamic receive aperture
• Adjustable dynamic range from 30 to 256 dB
Samsung HS50 Electrical power:
• Voltage: 100 – 240 VAC
• Frequency: 50/60 Hz
• Power Consumption
– 800 VA with Peripherals
Samsung HS50 Review:
The Samsung HS60 and HS50 are born twins in 2017. The Samsung HS60 has a few more features and transducers; but they both essentially look the same, and have the same imaging and ergonomic tools. In addition, many similarities have been identified with the Samsung HS70A, whose technologies and clinical concepts have been borrowed from the WS80A and the RS80A.
The Samsung HS50 is categorized as a midrange ultrasound system, and is similar to the GE Logiq P9 and the GE Voluson P8. Its General Imaging and 3D/4D options for Obstetrics and Gynecology are slightly better than those of the GE Logiq P9 and are similar to those of the GE Voluson P8.
Samsung systems are known for being great ergonomic systems that integrate “easy-to-use” automated features, as one would expect from the #1 commercial electronics giant. With its recently upgraded “S-Vision system architecture”, the Samsung HS50 becomes quieter, sleeker, and lighter. Its image quality is also greatly improved due to its single crystal transducers and its S-Harmonic, ClearVision, and MultiVision imaging technologies.
Touch customization combined with Samsung’s user interface options greatly increase work efficiency and reduce the unnecessary workload from repeated operations and actions. These interface options include Quick Preset, EZ-Exam+, EZ Compare, Measure Navigation, and Quick Scan.
The Samsung HS series are rich in features for both General Imaging and OB/GYN applications. The major difference with the Samsung HS60 is that the Samsung HS50 does not support some of the in-depth clinical tools like E-Strain and CEUS+. Additionally, it supports a limited number of premium linear transducers such as the LA3-14AD and the LA3-16A. Still, those two high quality transducers and their broad bandwidths are well suited to cover interventional procedures such as breast exams with biopsy using Needle Mate+, a key biopsy assisting feature.
If medical professionals need a system for OB/GYN with premium 3D/4D features in particular, the Samsung HS60 and HS50 are two of the best options in the mid to high-end entry level range of ultrasound systems, competing with the GE Voluson S6 and the GE Voluson P8.
Samsung HS50 Features:
• 21.5″ LCD monitor
• 10.1″ LCD Touch Screen
• Hybrid Full Digital Beam-forming
• 3 or 4 Active Probe Ports (Optional)
• Height/Rotate adjustable control panel
• Height/Tilt/Rotate adjustable monitor
• Alpha-Numetric Keyboard / Virtual Alpha Numeric Keyboard
• On-board storage for peripherals
• 6 probe holders
• 4 Swivel/Lock wheels
• Front and rear handles
• Built-in Printer storage
• Integrated high-fidelity stereo speakers
• Integrated SSD 512GB
• Integrated DVD Multi Recordable Driver
• S-Harmonic Mode
• S-Vue Technolgoy(CA1-7AD, CA2-9AD, CV1-8AD)
• Trapezoidal Imaging
• Quick Scan™ (Automatic Optimization)
• Raw Data Analysis
• Post-image optimization
• Patient Information Database
• System internal dynamic range: 256
• User programmable key: 6 kyes
• Support for external USB 2.0 HDD drive
• Auto Calc (Real-Time Automatic Doppler Calculation)
• Doppler Auto Trace
• User Configurable Measurement Menu
• Customizable Measurement Menu
• Customizable Body Maker
• On-board electronic documentation
Samsung HS50 Peripheral Options:
• Digital BW Video Printer: Sony UP-D897, Sony UP-D898MD, Sony UP-X898MD, Mitsubishi P95DE, Mitsubishi P95DW
• Digital Color Video Printer: Sony UP-D25MD, Mitsubishi CP30DW
• USB Line Printer: Samsung CLP-620NDK, ML-2950
• USB Footswitch
• USB Digital ECG Kits (AHA/IEC)
• USB HDD
• USB Flash Memory Media
• USB Printer
• DVD Rrcorder
Samsung HS50 Supplies:
Aquasonic ultrasound gel
Sono ultrasound wipes
Console Protective Cover
Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
Sony UPC-21L color thermal printing pack
Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper (new)
Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
External USB printer connection
Samsung HS50 ports:
• Audio out L/R
• D-SUB output
• S-Video output
• HDMI output
• USB 2.0 (6 ports)
• Ethernet 10/100/1000BASE-T
• Foot Switch: USB 2.0 (IPX 8)
• DVD Recorder: Sony DVO-1000MD
– S-video, NTSC/PAL
– Recording only
Samsung HS50 image storage and docudmentation:
• SonoView II (Image Filing Package)
• Export Media: CD/DVD+R/-R/RW, USB Flash, External USB HDD
• Export Format: JPEG,BMP,TIFF,DICOM
• Maximum 45,000 Frames for Cine memory for 60 sec
• Maximum 14,000 Lines for Loop memory
• Number of Image Storage (built-in SSD): max. 350,000 images (RAW format)
• Print Function
• Patient list and data search
• Report save available
• Post image processing available
• Caliper measurement available
• DICOM 3.0
• DICOM Media
• DICOM Performed Procedure Step (PPS)
• DICOM Print
• DICOM Storage
• DICOM Storage Commitment (SC)
• DICOM Structured Reporting (SR)
• DICOM Verification
• DICOM Worklist
• Gray Scale Converting
• Multi Frame
• Single Frame
• 3D Volume Frame
• Transfer Mode
– Send after acquisition
– Send on end exam
– Send manually
Samsung HS50 Applications:
• Small Parts
Samsung HS50 FAQs:
The noise reduction filter improves edge enhancement and creates sharper 2D images in order to deliver an optimal diagnostic performance. The integration of a technologically advanced Samsung product brings about a notable improvement in the quality of images. In addition, ClearVision provides application – specified optimization and advanced temporal resolution in live scan mode.
The ordinary harmonic technology is able to provide greater image clarity from near to midfield, while also reducing signal noise. Combined with S-Vue transducers and S-Vision imaging engine, the S-Harmonic overcomes the technology limitation of the ordinary Harmonic technology, and improves the quality of the image from near to far field.
This is a diagnostic ultrasound technique that is able to display elasticity by converting the stiffness into color images, while detecting the presence of solid masses in tissues.
Auto IMT+ is a screening tool that is able to analyze a patient’s potential risk of cardiovascular disease. It allows easy measurements for intima-media thickness of both the anterior and posterior wall of the common carotid by one click. This simple procedure enhances exam productivity and adds diagnostic value.
S-Vue transducers (CA1-7AD, CA2-9AD, PA1-5A, CV1-8AD)
Retaining an innovative single crystal design, S-Vue™ transducers provide more efficient piezoelectric properties. This results in wider bandwidths that enable better penetration and higher quality resolution on even challenging patients.
With one touch, the Quick Preset shows the four most commonly used transducers with each combined preset. The Quick Preset provides maximum efficiency by changing the transducer and preset, and by reducing unnecessary repeated keystrokes.
The EZ-Compare™ allows corresponding views in a side-by-side display for patients who have previously taken exams. Moreover, EZ-Compare™ automatically matches the image settings, annotations, and body markers from the prior study.
The EZ-ExamTM enables users to build or to use predefined protocols. It transforms the ultrasound investigation into a streamlined process. EZ-Exam+™ ensures that the full investigation is performed and eliminates the risk of forgetting an image or loop capture.
The Measure Navigation is a function that zooms in on the starting point of the caliper cursor in order to increase accuracy of measurements by providing a zoomed in target area image.
The 5D Follicle™ is an automated 3D measurement function that identifies and measures multiple ovarian follicles for rapid assessment of follicular size in 3D and status. The 5D follicle is a great assisting tool that is able to increase the efficiency and success ratio of the in-vitro fertility procedure.
The 5D NT™ is an automated 3D measurement function that allows the user to obtain the true mid-sagittal plane automatically. This can happen by rotating and auto-zooming the 3D volume image in order for the operator ton obtain the accurate NT measurement. 5D NT™ can lower the operator dependency and increase reproducibility.
The Realistic Vue™ is the same feature as the GE HDlive, which provides the user with a movable light source and with calculations of the propagation of light through the skin and tissue. The user can freely position the light at any angle, relative to the ultrasound volume images that illuminate areas of interest. The Realistic Vue™ helps increase depth perception, reveal hidden details, and provide a deeper understanding of relational anatomy.