Siemens FreeStyle Review:
The Siemens ACUSON Freestyle ultrasound system is the world’s first ultrasound solution with wireless transducers. Its innovative breakthrough adds additional value to enhance clinical and operational efficiencies at point-of-care, especially applications closely related with procedures such as MSK, surgery, nerve block, etc.
With zero cables, the Siemens ACUSON Freestyle maintains sterility much easier with a customized, compact sterile sheath for faster preparation time to quickly begin procedures. System controls on the transducer means a single user can remotely operate the system without any assistance. The transducer batteries last up to 90 minutes of continuous scanning and the transducers and batteries are capable of full immersion in high-level disinfectant for safer and more effective infection control.
The ACUSON Freestyle mobile link app wirelessly connects to your Microsoft Windows device and allows you to access, save, and share ultrasound clips, images, and patient data.
Available image modes include B/W and Color Doppler. The gray image quality is superior compared to other systems at the same grade, but the ACUSON Freestyle is limited in regards to certain applications such as MSK and Nerve Block, so cost efficiency is one of its weak points. The price-point based on its target market is a bit higher and the coverable applications compared to Logiq e and Mindray M7 are limited.
Siemens FreeStyle Probes/Transducers:
Siemens FreeStyle Features:
• High resolution 15″ LED Monitor
• Cable free wireless probe connection
• 16GB solid state flash memory
• 2 USB 2.0 ports
• Scroll memory up to 512 frames
• VGA(15 pin D-sb miniature) 1024*768, 60 Hz
• Export to USB-compatible storage media: PC-readable JPEG, MOV and XML
• Measurements: Distance, Area, Ellipse
• Color Flow Doppler Mode
• Spatial Compounding
• Speckle Filter
Siemens FreeStyle Peripheral Options:
Simens ACUSON Freestyle Peripheral Options
• Sony Digital UP-D711 Termal Printer
• Sony Digital UP-D898 BW Thermal Printer
• Mitsubishi P95DW Thermal Printer
• Ethernet – 10BaseT/100BaseT
• 2 USB 2.0 ports
• Simens FreeStyle Supplies:
– Aquasonic ultrasound gel
– Sono ultrasound wipes
– Sony UPP-110HG thermal printing paper
– Mitsubishi KP95HG thermal roll paper
– Mitsubishi KP65HM-CE High density thermal paper
Siemens FreeStyle Applications:
• Small parts
Siemens FreeStyle FAQs:
Spatial Compounding: This helps increase the contrast in resolution while improving tissue differentiation of low contrast lesions by reducing image speckle. Tissue boundaries and interfaces appear sharper and more continuous.